(This book cannot be returned.)
Sashiko, the traditional Japanese technique of needlework quilting, uses a simple running stitch to create beautiful patterns ideal for patchwork, quilting, and embroidery. With just four key materials needed--needle, thread, thimble, and fabric--Sashiko stitches have long been a favorite for quilting and embroidery. Today, the style is popular in the visible mending movement because of its simplicity, efficiency, and aesthetic appeal.
Inside this Simple Sewing Sashiko Book, you'll learn:
- The fascinating history of sashiko . . .
- The "ins and outs" of stellar stitching . . .
- Pattern options: mainstays and the process of creating new ones . . .
- Everything there is to know about your standard sewing gear . . .
- Advanced techniques (made easy) . . .
- Fresh accessories . . . AND MORE
Bombarded by the white noise of modernity, it's growing increasingly important for everyone, young and old, to find creative, quiet outlets.
Drop the devices . . . pour a warm drink, and discover your hobby today