Available to SHIP now; STORE PICKUP in 7-10 days
Other Books in Series
This is book number 78 in the Water Science and Technology Library series.
- #9: Entropy and Energy Dissipation in Water Resources (Water Science and Technology Library #9) (Paperback): $65.99
- #15: Environmental Hydrology (Water Science and Technology Library #15) (Hardcover): $203.99
- #16: Subsurface-Water Hydrology: Proceedings of the International Conference on Hydrology and Water Resources, New Delhi, India, December 1993 (Water Science and Technology Library #16) (Hardcover): $203.99
- #17: Dam Breach Modeling Technology (Water Science and Technology Library #17) (Hardcover): $131.99
- #19: Environmental Hydraulics (Water Science and Technology Library #19) (Hardcover): $203.99
- #24: Hydrology of Disasters (Water Science and Technology Library #24) (Hardcover): $203.99
- #26: Geographical Information Systems in Hydrology (Water Science and Technology Library #26) (Hardcover): $203.99
- #30: Entropy-Based Parameter Estimation in Hydrology (Water Science and Technology Library #30) (Hardcover): $203.99
- #47: The Brahmaputra Basin Water Resources (Water Science and Technology Library #47) (Hardcover): $263.99
- #76: Groundwater: Select Proceedings of Icwees-2016 (Water Science and Technology Library #76) (Hardcover): $203.99
- #77: Environmental Pollution: Select Proceedings of Icwees-2016 (Water Science and Technology Library #77) (Hardcover): $263.99
- #79: Water Quality Management: Select Proceedings of Icwees-2016 (Water Science and Technology Library #79) (Hardcover): $335.99
- #80: Energy and Environment: Select Proceedings of Icwees-2016 (Water Science and Technology Library #80) (Hardcover): $203.99
- #81: Hydrologic Modeling: Select Proceedings of Icwees-2016 (Water Science and Technology Library #81) (Hardcover): $263.99
- #82: Climate Change Impacts: Select Proceedings of Icwees-2016 (Water Science and Technology Library #82) (Hardcover): $203.99
- #104: Environmental Degradation: Challenges and Strategies for Mitigation (Water Science and Technology Library #104) (Hardcover): $203.99
1. Soil Fertility Status of Bhilwara District of Rajasthan, by K.L. Gurjer.- 2. Identification of Farming Systems in Tribal Region of Zone IV-B of Rajasthan (India), by P.S. Rao.- 3. Energy Assessment of Rice Under Conventional and Drip Irrigation Systems, by K.V.R.Rao.- 4. Response of Okra Under Microsprinkler and Surface Methods of Irrigation, by S.P. Gupta.- 5. Development of Universal Ultimate Total Green Chemistry and Eco-Agriculture or Sustainable Productivity, by R.C.Yadav.- 6. Landscape Gardening and Environmental Restoration: Concerns in Mughal Kashmir, by Mumtaz Ahmad Numani.- 7. Eco-Treatment Zone in Open Drain by Sayali Joshi.- 8. Water Crisis: Issues and Challenges in Punjab, by Ravishankar Kumar.- 9. Issues and Challenges of River Health Assessment in India, by M L Kansal.- 10. Coastal Reservoir-How to Develop Freshwater from the Sea Without Desalination, by Shu-Qing Yang.- 11. Leakage Detection Studies for Water Supply Systems-A Review by Darsana P.- 12. Quantification of Water Footprint of National Capital Territory (NCT) of Delhi, India, by Deepa Chalisgaonkar.- 13. Salt Water Intrusion and Water Security Issues of Coastal Community: Case of Thane District (Maharashtra), by M.D. Omprakash.- 14. Study of Suction Vs Water Content of Soil of Turamdih Area Mixed with Bentonite and its implication on the Liner Property of Tailing Dam: A Case Study from East Singhbhum Jharkhand, Eastern India by Sahendra Singh.- 15.Long Term Water Planning: A Review of Kenya National Water Master Plan, by J. Kibiiy.- 16. Integrated Water Management at Local Government level for Southern Africa, by J.A. du Plessis.- 17. Integrated Water Resources Management in Malaysi: Some Initiatives at the asin Level, by Rahmah Elfithri.- 18. A Mechanical System for Lake Environment Management, by S.M. Mathur.- 19. Wetland Characterization and Implications on Agriculture in L. Victoria Basin, by J.R. Kosgei.- 20. Costal Land Use/ Land Cover and Shoreline Studies for Dakshina Kannada Coast, Karnataka, India by Shabnum Suhura.- 21. Management of Coalbed Methane and Coal Mine Produced Water for Beneficial Use in Damodar Basin of India, by Vinod Atmaram Mendhe.- 22. Water Supply-Demand Assessment in Ur River Watershed in Tikamgarh District, by Goyal, V. C.- 23. Analysis Of Spring Discharge In The Lesser Himalaya: A Case Study Of Mathamali Spring, Aglar Watershed, Uttrakhand, by Vikram Kumar.- 24. Submerged Geotextile Sand Containers For Coastal Defence, by Kiran G. Shirlal.
About the Author
Vijay P. Singh is a University Distinguished Professor, a Regents Professor, and the inaugural holder of the Caroline and William N. Lehrer Distinguished Chair in Water Engineering at Texas A&M University, USA. He received his B.S., M.S., Ph.D., and D.Sc. degrees in Engineering. He is a P.E., P.H., and an Hon. D. WRE. He has published more than 910 journal articles; 25 textbooks; 60 edited reference books, including the massive Encyclopedia of Snow, Ice and Glaciers and Handbook of Applied Hydrology; He has received more than 90 national and international awards including Arid Lands Hydraulic Engineering Award, Chow Award, Torrens Award, Norman Medal, and EWRI Lifetime Achievement Award, given by ASCE, Ray K. Linsley Award and Founder's Award, given by AIH; Crystal Drop Award, given by IWRA; and Outstanding Distinguished Scientist Award given by Sigma Xi, and three honorary doctorates. He is a Distinguished Member of the ASCE, a fellow of EWRI, AWRA, IWRS, ISAE, IASWC, and IE. He has served as the President and Senior Vice President of the AIH. Currently, he is the editor-in-chief of two book series and three journals.Shalini Yadav is a Professor and Head of the Department of Civil Engineering, AISECT University, Bhopal, India. Her research interests include Solid and Hazardous Waste Management, Construction Management, Environmental Quality, and Water Resources. She has executed a variety of research projects/consultancy in Environmental and Water Science and Technology and has got rich experience in planning, formulating, organizing, executing, and management of R&D Programs, Seminars, and Conferences at National and International level. She has got to her credit guiding an appreciable number of M.Tech and Ph.D. students. She has published more than 10 journal articles and 30 technical reports. Professor Shalini Yadav got her M.E. and Ph.D. Degree in Civil Engineering with specialization in Environmental Engineering. She is a recipient of national fellowships/awards and she is a reviewer in many International journals. She has been recognized for one and half decades of leadership in research, teaching, and service to the Environmental Engineering Profession.Ram Narayan Yadava holds the position of Vice Chancellor of the AISECT University, Hazaribagh, Jharkhand. His research interests include Environmental Quality and Water Resources, Hydrologic Modeling, Environmental Sciences, R&D Planning and Management. He executed a variety of research/consultancy projects in the area of Water Resources Planning and Management, Environment, Remote Sensing, Mathematical Modeling, etc. Dr. Yadava has been recognized for three and half decades of leadership in research and service to the hydrologic and water resources profession. Dr. Yadava's contribution to the state of the art has been significant in many different specialty areas, including water resources management, environmental sciences, irrigation science, soil and water conservation engineering, and mathematical modeling. He has published more than 90 journal articles; 4 textbooks; 7 edited reference books. He earned his M.Sc. from the Banaras Hindu University (BHU) Varanasi and Ph.D. from the Indian Institute of Technology Bombay (IIT Bombay), India. Also, he is the recipient of Raman Research Fellowship and other awards.