Available to SHIP now; Store PICKUP in 7-10 days
Other Books in Series
This is book number 5 in the Making of America series.
- #1: Alexander Hamilton: The Making of America #1 (Paperback): $7.99
- #2: Andrew Jackson: The Making of America #2 (Audio): $29.99
- #3: Abraham Lincoln: The Making of America (MP3 CD): $29.99
- #4: Susan B. Anthony: The Making of America #4 (Hardcover): $16.99
- #6: Thurgood Marshall (Making of America #6) (MP3 CD): $19.99
The fifth book in the Making of America series examines the life of America's 32nd president: his birth into one of America's elite families, his domineering mother, his marriage to Eleanor Roosevelt, his struggle with polio, and his political career. A Democrat, Franklin D. Roosevelt (1882-1945) won a record four presidential elections and is the longest-serving US president. During his time in office, he led the country through the Great Depression and World War II. He helped to redefine the role of the US government with the New Deal. Scholars often rate him as one of the three greatest US presidents along with George Washington and Abraham Lincoln.