This book cannot be returned. PRINT-ON-DEMAND; printing may add 2-4 business days.
A Comprehensive Guide To Build An Environmentally Friendly Home With Shipping Containers
Container homes are just what they sound like; homes built from container steel that transports goods on ships, trains, and trucks. From this container steel, homes of all shapes and sizes can be built.
Shipping containers are used to construct homes, cabins, studios, and offices because with about 14 million 'out-of-service' containers worldwide, several of such containers are available for these purposes, not to mention the appeal that comes with experimenting with these giant blocks of containers.
Aside from trendiness, building container homes have gained a wider interest amongst many because it saves money to construct. As such, several potential homeowners are seeking for homes with lesser construction and maintenance costs. Besides, the perception exists that container homes contribute to recycling initiatives.
Containers come in different sizes, such as 10ft, 20ft, and 40ft, with the smallest shipping container providing a floor space of about 100 square feet for a shipping container home. Now imagine when hundreds of micro-apartments made of containers are constructed into a huge apartment building; the sight of such can be an astonishing grab for the eye. But you really don't need to rack up several containers before you can have a decent container home to live in. All you need is the right amount of knowledge and guidance to help you get the best out of your shipping container and have a well-put-together container you can call home. Hence, the reason this book was written.
In this book, you will;
- Be familiar with the pros and cons of owning a shipping container home to help you make an informed decision.
- Have access to different container layout plans to help you get the most out of your container home.
- Know how to choose the right shipping container for your home using several deciding criteria.
- Be educated on how to prepare the site and foundation for your container properly.
- Know what container insulation entails and how it affects your container home.
- Know the different roofing styles applicable to container homes with directions on how to floor your container home.
- Be familiar with several design ideas you can implement to give your home an astonishing feel while conserving space.
...and so much more
Still having doubt this is your go-to guide to building a shipping container home? Get a copy of this book RIGHT NOW to find out.