(This book cannot be returned.)
Building Information Modeling (BIM) is an approach to the entire building life cycle. Autodesk(R) Revit(R) for Architecture, MEP, and Structure is a powerful BIM program that supports the ability to coordinate, update, and share design data with team members throughout the design construction and management phases of a building's life. A key component in managing the BIM process is to establish a company foundation for different types of projects by creating standard templates and custom family elements. Having this in place makes the process of any new project flow smoothly and efficiently.The objective of the Autodesk(R) Revit(R) 2020 BIM Management: Template and Family Creation guide is to enable users who have worked with the software to expand their knowledge in setting up office standards with templates that include annotation styles, preset views, sheets, and schedules, as well as creating custom system, in-place, and component families. This guide contains practices that are specific to each discipline.
- Create custom templates with annotation styles, title blocks, and custom element types.
- Create schedules, including material takeoff schedules with formulas.
- Create custom wall, roof, and floor types as well as MEP system families.
- Set up a component family file with a parametric framework.
- Create family geometry.
- Create family types.
- Modify the visibility of components and incorporate additional family items such as controls, MEP connectors, and nested components.
- Create specific families, including in-place families, profiles, annotations, and parameters.
This guide also contains discipline-specific practices for families, including: doors, windows, railings, pipe fittings, light fixtures, gusset plates, and built-up columns.
- Access to the 2020.0 version of the software, to ensure compatibility with this guide. Future software updates that are released by Autodesk may include changes that are not reflected in this guide. The practices and files included with this guide might not be compatible with prior versions (i.e., 2019).
- Knowledge of basic techniques is assumed. Completion of the three Autodesk Revit 2020 Fundamentals guides - for Architecture, for Structure, and for MEP - are highly recommended. Information on Collaboration Tools, Conceptual Design, and Site and Structural Design are covered in other guides.