(This book cannot be returned.)
Autodesk Inventor 2019: Advanced Part Modeling is the second in a series of training guides on the Autodesk(R) Inventor(R) software that is published by ASCENT. The goal of this guide is to build on the skills acquired in the Autodesk Inventor Introduction to Solid Modeling training guide by taking students to a higher level of productivity when designing part models using the Autodesk Inventor software.
In this training guide, the student considers various approaches to part design. Specific advanced part modeling techniques covered include multi-body design, advanced lofts, advanced sweeps, coils, generative shape design, surface modeling, and Freeform modeling. Material aimed at increasing efficiency includes: iFeatures for frequently used design elements, iParts for similar designs, and how to work with imported data. The guide also covers some miscellaneous drawing tools such as custom sketches symbols, working with title blocks and borders, and documenting iParts.
- Advanced model appearance options
- 2D and 3D sketching techniques
- Multi-body part modeling
- Advanced geometry creation tools (work features, area lofts, sweeps, and coils)
- Analysis tools
- Generative shape design using Shape Generator
- Creating and editing basic surfaces, importing surfaces, and surface repair tools
- iFeatures and iParts
- Importing data from other CAD systems and making edits.
- Working with AutoCAD DWG files.
- Freeform modeling
- Emboss and Decal features
- Advanced Drawing tools (iPart tables, surfaces in drawing views, and custom sketched symbols)
- Adding notes with the Engineer's Notebook
- Access to the 2019 version of the software. The practices and files included with this guide might not be compatible with prior versions.
- The material assumes a mastery of Autodesk Inventor basics as taught in Autodesk Inventor Introduction to Solid Modeling. Students should know how to create and edit parts, use work features, create and annotate drawing views, etc. The use of Microsoft Excel is required for this training course.