(This book cannot be returned.)
Great Battles for Boys, the #1 bestselling history series written just for boys.
Each book in the series reveals the leaders, tactics, and weapons that won (or lost) some of history's most significant military battles. Filled with historic photos and written in an engaging conversational style by a middle school history teacher, Great Battles for Boys will bring history to life and attract even the most reluctant readers.In this installment of the series, young readers will learn about the Korean War (1950-53), including:
- Why this conflict, despite more than 2 million casualties worldwide, has been called "The Forgotten War."
- How North Korea's invasion of South Korea triggered the war
- Meet the "Chosin Few," the men who courageously survived a retreat that could've meant certain death.
- The life and times of Chesty Puller, US Marine Corps legend
- Infamous and devastating battles, such as Naktong River, Twin Tunnels, Samdong-Ni, Bloody Ridge, Pork Chop Hill -and many more
Moving forward in chronological order, young readers will experience these unforgettable clashes from the front lines. They'll also learn about the war's politics, geography, and the difference between democracy and Communism.
If your son likes action-packed stories, authentic details, and short but exciting chapters, then he'll love this book-and he'll never again see reading and history as boringPraise for the Great Battles for Boys series
"This book should be in school libraries everywhere. It is a treasure trove of information that is engagingly written that makes one feel they are in a great classroom with a great instructor sharing his knowledge in a fun way." - 5 Stars, Top Ten Hall of Fame Amazon Reviewer