(This book cannot be returned.)
Want to add an autopsy that won't kill your story? Death swings its scythe in every genre, from family funerals to crime scenes to creatures that won't stay buried. This user-friendly, illustrated reference digs into all things posthumous and postmortem.
Presented as a research manual for the experienced writer, this "Forensics for Fiction" title offers practical approaches and realistic details by covering:
- Terms and techniques used during autopsy procedures
- Different postmortem professionals and their specialties
- The stages of decomposition in different environments
- Methods used to estimate the time of death
- Case studies in which autopsies cracked the crime
- Examples of how to use autopsies in any popular genre
Whether you're writing about dissection or resurrection, this guidebook covers it all from cadaver to slab as an easy-to-understand resource for dead-on storytelling.