Fully Revised and Updated
An indispensable guide on how to safely alter your diet, manage your symptoms, and adjust to living gluten-free
Celiac disease is an autoimmune disorder characterized by an inability to digest gluten, a protein found in wheat and other grains that affects as many as 1 in 133 Americans. Written by a nurse, dietician, and clinical pharmacist, Celiac Disease, Second Edition provides everything you need to know to live a healthy wheat-free and gluten-free lifestyle including how to:
- recognize and treat the most common symptoms
- eat gluten-free and avoid hidden glutens, especially in common medications
- prepare your kitchen and prevent cross-contamination
- cook and bake gluten-free including delicious, easy-to-prepare recipes for breads, breakfasts, main courses, and desserts
- dine out, travel, and entertain safely
- tackle the emotional issues of having celiac disease
- raise a child with celiac disease
and much more.
Containing the most up-to-date research and packed with tips, resources, and a one-week meal plan to make going gluten-free easy, Celiac Disease gives you everything you need to live fully and richly while maintaining a gluten-free lifestyle.