Improve your spoken Russian from home with 101 real-world conversations in simple, everyday Russian.
Real Russian people don't speak like your textbook... so it's no wonder you feel unprepared when it's your turn to speak This book fixes that. For the first time, you'll learn to speak Russian in the REAL world, with 101 authentic conversations in simple, spoken Russian, so you can become confident in the words, phrases and expressions you need to communicate like a local.
You'll be transported into a real-world story that unfolds between six Russian characters, told by the people themselves in 101 authentic conversations. Over 15,000 words of real Russian, you'll immerse yourself in a gripping Russian drama and get an education in natural Russian in the process. Here's what you'll get:
- 101 conversations in simple Russian, so you can learn the real Russian spoken in the street, understand spoken Russian with ease, and have Russian roll off your tongue more fluently
- Over 15,000 words of dialogue - an unparalleled resource that will immerse you in Russian, at a level you can understand, so you can learn real spoken Russian without getting lost or overwhelmed
- Real, daily spoken Russian throughout - it's as if we held up a microphone and recorded the exact words coming out of people's mouths - so you can learn the expressions that real people use on the street (not in textbooks). You'll sound more authentic when you speak and make Russian-speaking friends more easily.
- Situational dialogues from typical daily circumstances, so you'll prepare yourself to survive realistic Russian encounters, in shops and caf's, and make meeting people and making arrangements second nature
- Conversations that are carefully written to be accessible for beginners (A2-B1 on the CEFR), so you can start to learn from real, spoken conversations, even as a beginner, without having to go through the rollercoaster of difficult conversations with strangers
- Each conversation is limited to around 15 lines of dialogue (150 words), so you can get that crucial sense of achievement and motivation when you finish each conversation, and say "I actually understood all of that "
- Word lists with English definitions in every chapter, so you can get instant translations of any difficult words and focus on reading and enjoying the stories rather than wasting time in a dictionary
- Summaries of each conversation which contextualise each dialogue, so you can easily follow the plot and enjoy the story without getting lost.
Created by Olly Richards, internationally-renowned language teacher and author, 101 Conversations in Real Spoken Russian gives you an education in real Russian that you won't find anywhere else. You'll be better prepared for using Russian in the real world, speak with more confidence, and take a giant leap towards fluency in Russian