Football Periodization to Maximise Performance: Session Design - The Training Week - Tapering Strategy - 102 Practices - Youth to Pro (Paperback)
Adam Owen PhD is a high performance expert with 20 years experience at the elite level; International, European club, UEFA Champions League and Europa League.
After his bestselling "Football Conditioning: A Modern Scientific Approach" book set and in his role as a UEFA Pro & A Licence Educator, coaches commonly ask these key questions:
- How do I get the best possible performances from my players?
- What can I change or improve to maximise my team's performance?
- What gives me the best possible chance of succeeding as a coach?
Adam has provided the answers in this book by using his vast knowledge of applied football science and performance coaching to create his complete methodology to maximise performance.
Dr. Andreas Schlumberger, PhD (Head of Recovery and Performance at Liverpool FC):
"Adam provides an outstanding mixture of applied research, practical application and tremendous experience in the world of high-performance football."
Learn how to design training sessions and plan the training week (102 Practices included) to make sure your players are always prepared correctly and able to perform at their maximum on match day.
The Football Periodization to Maximise Performance methodology:
- Enhance coaches' knowledge of high performance and coaching
- Improve player performance and gain a competitive advantage
- Maximise the training time and efficiency of the coaching process
- Game model: Link the technical, tactical and physical details of the game
- Show the actual demands imposed on players in training
- Training load management and reducing injury risk
- How to design training sessions
- Planning the flow of the training week to maximise performance
- Tapering strategy = players arrive in optimal condition for the match
- Adaptable training week model for Pro, Semi-pro, Academy and Youth
Steve McClaren (Former England Manager and current FIFA Technical Advisor):
"This book provides a great coaching resource for all individuals wanting to develop their knowledge of the game."
Adam Owen (PhD, MPhil, BSc HONS)
- UEFA Pro & A Licence Coach Educator and Developer
- PhD in Sport Science and Coaching
- Technical Director and High-Performance Director
- Head Coach and Assistant Coach
- Sport Science and Fitness Coach (Wales National Team)
- Head of Sport Science and Fitness/Performance