(This book cannot be returned.)
The mental side of cricket is what separates the best players from the rest. Technical, tactical, and physical preparation are important for top class performances but it is often what happens inside a player's mind that is the difference between success and failure. The very best players and teams are confident, motivated, concentrate effectively, cope with pressure, and control their emotions. The Psychology of Cricket is the first book to provide expert and up-to-date advice into one of the most psychological sports around.
The book is appropriate for anyone involved in playing or coaching cricket, and for all levels. The Psychology of Cricket teaches individuals to develop mental toughness by using mental skills which can be used in both practice and match situations, and provides expert advice on understanding the important ingredients of successful teams and leaders.
- Train and develop your mind to perform more effectively and consistently.
- Learn how to deal more consistently and effectively with your emotions and pressure.
- Boost your confidence through recalling success, reflection, and smart thinking.
- Develop concentration routines to maximize your mental energy.
- Learn how the best players develop mental toughness