(This book cannot be returned.)
Unlock new opportunities using Docker's most advanced features.
- Experience first- and third-party tools such as Docker Compose, Docker Machine, Portainer, and Rancher
- Learn how to leverage Kubernetes, Amazon ECS, and Docker Swarm and know when each solution is appropriate
- Discover how Docker can be integrated into your daily workflows
Docker has been a game-changer when it comes to how modern applications are deployed and architectured. It has now grown into a key driver of innovation beyond system administration, with an impact on the world of web development and more. But how can you make sure you're keeping up with the innovations it's driving
This book shows you how; it not only demonstrates how to use Docker more effectively, it also helps you rethink and reimagine what's possible with Docker.
You will also cover basic topics such as building, managing and storing images along with best practices to make you confident before delving more deeply into Docker security.
You'll find everything related to extending and integrating Docker in new and innovative ways. Docker Swarm and Docker Compose will help you take control of your containers in an efficient way.
By the end of the book, you will have a broad and detailed sense of exactly what's possible with Docker and how seamlessly it fits in with a range of other platforms and tools.
What You Will Learn
- Become fluent in the basic components and concepts of Docker
- Secure your containers and files with Docker's security features
- Extend Docker and solve architectural problems using first- and third-party orchestration tools, service discovery, and plugins
- Leverage the Linux container virtualization paradigm by creating highly scalable applications
Who This Book Is For
If you are an I.T Professional and recognize Docker's importance for innovation in everything from system administration to web development, but aren't sure how to use it to its full potential, this book is for you.