Lonely Planet Quechua Phrasebook & Dictionary 5 (Paperback)
Ask a Bookseller about this title
Lonely Planet's Quechua Phrasebook & Dictionaryis your handy passport to culturally enriching travels with the most relevant and useful Quechua phrases and vocabulary for all your travel needs. Ask for hiking directions, learn about local culture and shop at markets with confidence - all with your trusted travel companion. With language tools in your back pocket, you can truly get to the heart of wherever you go, so begin your journey now!
Get More From Your Trip with Easy-to-Find Phrases for Every Travel Situation!
- Order with confidence, explain food allergies, and try new foods with the menu decoder
- Save time and hassles with vital phrases at your fingertips
- Never get stuck for words with the 3500-word two-way, quick-reference dictionary
- Be prepared for both common and emergency travel situations with practical phrases and terminology
- Meet friends with conversation starter phrases
- Get your message across with easy-to-use pronunciation guides
Inside Lonely Planet's Quechua Phrasebook & Dictionary:
- Phrases to Learn Before You Go
- Ways to Start a Sentence
- Phrases to Sound like a Local
- Listen For - phrases you may hear
- Look For - phrases you may see on signs
- Shortcuts - easy-to-remember alternatives to the full phrases
- Basics - time, dates, numbers, amounts, pronunciation, reading tips, grammar rules
- Practical - travel with kids, disabled travelers, senior travelers, sightseeing, business, banking, post office, internet, phones, repairs, shopping, bargaining, accommodations, directions, border crossing, transport
- Social - meeting people, interests, feelings, opinions, going out, romance, culture, activities, weather
- Safe Travel - emergencies, police, doctor, chemist, dentist, symptoms, conditions
- Food - ordering, at the market, at the bar, dishes, ingredients
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet's Quechua Phrasebook & Dictionary, a pocket-sized comprehensive language guide, provides on-the-go language assistance. Great for language students and travelers looking to interact with locals and immerse themselves in local culture.
Check out our Fast Talk Phrasebook mobile app for on-the-go language needs. (Available languages: German, Latin Spanish, European Spanish, French, and Italian.)