(This book cannot be returned.)
Make the most of HTML5 techniques to create exciting games from scratch
- Learn to create exciting puzzle games, action games, multiplayer, and Box2D physics
- A task-based approach to achieve practical skills required for game development
HTML5 is a markup language used to structure and present content for the World Wide Web and is a core technology of the Internet. It is supported across different platforms and is also supported by various browsers. Its innovative features, such as canvas, audio, and video elements, make it an excellent game building tool.
HTML5 Game Development by Example Beginner's Guide Second Edition is a step-by-step tutorial that will help you create several games from scratch, with useful examples. Starting with an introduction to HTML5, the chapters of this book help you gain a better understanding of the various concepts and features of HTML5. By the end of the book, you'll have the knowledge, skills, and level of understanding you need to efficiently develop games over the network using HTML5.
What you will learn
- Build real-time network multiplayer games
- Add physics to your canvas games by using the Box2D physics engine
- Build a CSS3-driven card game with transform and 3D flipping effects
- Learn to add sounds to your games
- Make a drawing tool in Canvas
- Create multiple layers in a canvas game
- Store game data persistently by using local storage
- Use sprite sheets to create frame-based animation