#1 best-selling guide to Nicaragua *
Lonely Planet Nicaragua is your passport to all the most relevant and up-to-date advice on what to see, what to skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Climb a volcano on Isla de Ometepe, stroll through colonial Granada and Leon or drink coffee at sunrise on a cooperative farm; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Nicaragua and begin your journey now
Inside Lonely Planet's Nicaragua Travel Guide:
- Color maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries show you the simplest way to tailor your trip to your own personal needs and interests
- Insider tips save you time and money, and help you get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - including hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, and prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - including eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, and hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer and more rewarding travel experience - including history, poetry, art, literature, architecture, music, politics, landscapes, wildlife, customs/etiquette
- Over 44 maps
- Useful features - including Walking Tours, Off the Beaten Track Itinerary, Activity Guide
- Coverage of Granada, Leon, Isla de Ometepe, San Juan del Sur and its beaches, Corn Islands, Pearl Lagoon, the northern highlands, Rio San Juan, Isla Solentiname, Managua and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Nicaragua, our most comprehensive guide to Nicaragua, is perfect for those planning to both explore the top sights and take the road less traveled.
- Looking for more extensive coverage? Check out Lonely Planet's Central America on a Shoestring guide.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet, Alex Egerton and Greg Benchwick.
About Lonely Planet: Started in 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel guide publisher with guidebooks to every destination on the planet, as well as an award-winning website, a suite of mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveler community. Lonely Planet's mission is to enable curious travelers to experience the world and to truly get to the heart of the places they find themselves in.
TripAdvisor Travelers' Choice Awards 2012 and 2013 winner in Favorite Travel Guide category
'Lonely Planet guides are, quite simply, like no other.' - New York Times
'Lonely Planet. It's on everyone's bookshelves; it's in every traveller's hands. It's on mobile phones. It's on the Internet. It's everywhere, and it's telling entire generations of people how to travel the world.' - Fairfax Media (Australia)*Best-selling guide to Nicaragua. Source: Nielsen BookScan. Australia, UK and USA, April 2012 to March 2013.