Save time and money with two books in one + online Q&A
Half pharmacology, half dosage calculations
--plus an intensive, yet clear & simple review of basic math and online quizzing
Here's the must-have knowledge and guidance you need to gain a solid understanding of pharmacology and the safe administration of medications in one text. A body systems approach to pharmacology with a basic math review and a focus on drug classifications prepare you to administer specific drugs in the clinical setting.
Now with online Q&A practice in Davis Edge
Purchase a new, print copy of the text and receive a FREE, 3-year subscription to Davis Edge, the online Q&A program with 1,600 questions in all, 800 for Medical Assisting and 800 for Nursing. Davis Edge helps you to create quizzes in the content areas you choose to focus on, build simulated practice exams, and track your progress every step of the way.
- New Pronunciations for key terms at the beginning of each chapter
- New Word-building and gerontological issues features
- New New appendix on intravenous therapy
- Basic math review helps students learn to perform the calculations necessary to administer medications correctly.
- Medication administration presented through pharmacology basics, techniques and procedures, supplies, safety and regulations, and prescriptions and label
- "Master the Essentials" tables cover side effects, precautions, contraindications, and interactions for each classification.
- Drug classification review tables reinforce need-to-know information in each class.
- "Fast Tip" boxes offer quick facts and mnemonics.
- "A Closer Look" boxes examine important information in detail.
- "Check-up Questions" throughout each chapter promote understanding and help students retain and apply the information.
- Coverage of specific drugs provides context for learning drug classifications.
- Critical-thinking exercises encourage students to think beyond the chapter and apply their new knowledge to real-life scenarios.
- Review questions at the end of each chapter reinforce learning.
Davis Edge Online Q&A
- FREE, 3-year access with purchase of new, print text
- 800 questions for Medical Assisting and 800 for Nursing
- "Quiz Builder" lets you select practice questions by exam section or topic area.
- Rationales for correct and incorrect responses provide immediate feedback.
- "Student Success Center" dashboard monitors your performance over time, helping to identify areas for additional study.