RETIRE WITHOUT REGRETS
What’s the biggest retirement mistake you can make? Not taking full advantage of your Social Security benefits. And it’s a mistake that almost every retiree makes.
If you’re like most people, you would have to be a millionaire to earn as much from your investments as you can from Social Security.
But Social Security also comes with pitfalls, and the wrong choice can leave you poorer for the rest of your life.
Luckily, America’s #1 retirement expert, Bob Carlson, editor of the popular Retirement Watch newsletter and website, is here to help with an easy-to-follow guide to getting the most out of your Social Security benefits. You’ll learn:
• The right time to claim your benefits—and why timing is key
• Whether you should take a lump sum benefit
• How to minimize your total tax bill with smart Social Security choices
• Why working can sometimes decrease your benefits
• How to calculate your “longevity risk” so you never run out of money
• When you can change your benefits claim, and when you can’t
• Why you can’t depend on the Social Security Administration for good advice—or even correct information
• And much, much more!
Millions of Americans have come to regret their Social Security decisions. If you want to avoid the same mistakes, you need Where’s My Money? Secrets to Getting the Most out of Your Social Security.
About the Author
Bob Carlson is editor of the monthly newsletter and web site, Retirement Watch. He has served on the Board of Trustees of the Fairfax County Employees' Retirement System since 1992 and been chairman since 1995. His latest book is Where’s My Money: Secrets to Getting the Most out of Your Social Security.