If you want to discover the captivating history of Mexico, then keep reading...
Two captivating manuscripts in one book:
- History of Mexico: A Captivating Guide to Mexican History, Starting from the Rise of Tenochtitlan through Maximilian's Empire to the Mexican Revolution and the Zapatista Indigenous Uprising
- The Mexican Revolution: A Captivating Guide to the Mexican Civil War and How Pancho Villa and Emiliano Zapata Impacted Mexico
Before the modern country was born in 1821, the territory that today comprises 32 states and few small islands was inhabited by ancient dynasties and kingdoms of warriors, astronomers, priests, temples for human sacrifice, and, surprisingly, some of the largest cities in the world. It is estimated that the sacred city of Chichen Itza, in the Yucatan Peninsula, was larger than Paris at its height of splendor.
This fascinating journey through Mexico's history, from its amazing pre-Hispanic past to the end of the 20th century, will reveal more surprises than the reader can imagine. In the words of the self-proclaimed Mexican singer Chavela Vargas, "Mexico has magic. I looked for that magic, and I found it there."
Here are just some of the topics covered in part 1 of this book:
- The Era of Empires
- The Spanish-Aztec War and New Spain
- The Birth of a Nation
- "From the Halls of Montezuma..."
- The Big Division
- "The Most Beautiful Empire in the World"
- In the Times of Don Porfirio
- The Mexican Revolution
- The Cristeros
- The Second World War and the Mexican Miracle
- End of Century Pangs
- And much, much more
Here are just some of the topics covered in part 2 of this book:
- The Comet
- The Strong Man of the Americas
- Francisco and the Spirits
- Victory Comes Too Soon
- The Wicked Ambassador
- Victoriano Huerta
- Two Hurricanes
- The Convention of Aguascalientes
- The Presidential Chair
- Huerta Strikes Back
- The Horsemen of the Apocalypse
- The Centaur and the General: Pershing's Punitive Expedition
- The Zimmermann Telegram
- And much, much more
So if you want to learn more about the History of Mexico and the Mexican Revolution, scroll up and click the "add to cart" button