Fodor's Essential Chile (Paperback)
Whether you want to go hiking in Patagonia, hit the beach in Vi a del Mar, or drink your way across the Central Valley wine region, the local Fodor's travel experts in Chile are here to help Fodor's Essential Chile guidebook is packed with maps, carefully curated recommendations, and everything else you need to simplify your trip-planning process and make the most of your time. This new edition has been fully-redesigned with an easy-to-read layout, fresh information, and beautiful color photos. Fodor's "Essential" guides have been named by Booklist as the Best Travel Guide Series of 2020
Fodor's Essential Chile travel guide includes:
- AN ILLUSTRATED ULTIMATE EXPERIENCES GUIDE to the top things to see and do
- MULTIPLE ITINERARIES to effectively organize your days and maximize your time
- MORE THAN 30 DETAILED MAPS to help you navigate confidently
- COLOR PHOTOS throughout to spark your wanderlust
- HONEST RECOMMENDATIONS on the best sights, restaurants, hotels, nightlife, shopping, performing arts, activities, and more
- PHOTO-FILLED "BEST OF" FEATURES on "What to Eat and Drink," "Chile's Best Wineries," "Best Things to do in Patagonia," and more
- TRIP-PLANNING TOOLS AND PRACTICAL TIPS including when to go, getting around, beating the crowds, and saving time and money
- HISTORICAL AND CULTURAL INSIGHTS providing rich context on the local people, politics, art, architecture, cuisine, music, geography and more
- SPECIAL FEATURES on "The Mystery of the Moais," "What to Watch and Read Before You Visit," and "Chilean History"
- LOCAL WRITERS to help you find the under-the-radar gems
- SPANISHLANGUAGE PRIMER with useful words and essential phrases
- UP-TO-DATE COVERAGE ON: Santiago, Patagonia, Vi a del Mar, Valparaiso, Easter Island, Chiloe Island, the Atacama Desert, Puerto Montt, the Lake District, Punta Arenas, and more.
Planning on visiting other places in South America? Check out Fodor's Essential Argentina and Essential Peru.
*Important note for digital editions: The digital edition of this guide does not contain all the images or text included in the physical edition.
ABOUT FODOR'S AUTHORS: Each Fodor's Travel Guide is researched and written by local experts. Fodor's has been offering expert advice for all tastes and budgets for over 80 years. For more travel inspiration, you can sign up for our travel newsletter at fodors.com/newsletter/signup, or follow us @FodorsTravel on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. We invite you to join our friendly community of travel experts at fodors.com/community to ask any other questions and share your experience with us