Email or call for price.
Email or call for price.
Explore magnificent fjords, museum-hop in Oslo, and bask in the glow of northern lights: Get to know your inner Viking with Moon Norway. Inside you'll find:
- Flexible itineraries including three days in Oslo, the best of Norway in one week, four days in Arctic Norway, and a two-week fjord road trip
- Strategic advice for outdoor adventurers, families, history buffs, foodies, road-trippers, and more
- Do more than sightsee: Hike to cliffs that soar over glacial lakes and take the perfect photo of Geirangerfjord's slender waterfalls. Hop in the car and drive over islets and skerries on the Atlantic Road, wander through fishing villages along Norway's dramatic coastline, or admire the architecture in cosmopolitan Oslo. Savor sustainable salmon at Michelin-starred restaurants, taste farm-to-table delicacies, or mingle with the locals at a neighborhood pub. See the impressive restored vessels at the Viking Ship Museum or trek to the best spots to see the mystical aurora borealis dance across the sky
- Discover the real Norway with expert insight from Norwegian transplant David Nikel
- Full-color photos and detailed maps throughout
- Helpful tools including a Norwegian phrasebook, packing suggestions, and travel tips for international visitors, families with kids, seniors and LGBTQ+ travelers
- Detailed background on the landscape, climate, wildlife, and culture
Exploring more of Northern Europe? Try Moon Copenhagen & Beyond or Moon Iceland.
About the Author
Originally from Northampton, England, David Nikel has lived in Norway since 2011. He moved to Oslo in pursuit of riches in the ICT industry, but was quickly inspired by the magnificent fjords, dramatic mountains and dancing northern lights to start writing. He hasn't looked back since.
David now travels the country helping Norwegian professionals master the English language, and as a result sees more of the country than most natives do. On these travels he met his Mexican partner and they have made a third-culture home together in Trondheim, the former Viking capital of Norway, speaking a confusing mixture of English, Norwegian and Spanish.
To keep track of his adventures, David publishes two blogs about expat life and travel in Norway, and has written regular columns for the Telegraph and the Norwegian American newspapers. He also contributed destination features for the magazines of British Airways, Norwegian Air, airBaltic and Finnair.
As much as he enjoys life in Norway, he hasn't yet fully assimilated. His attempts at cross-country skiing resemble a spider on roller-skates, much to the enjoyment of his new Norwegian friends.