Email or call for price.
Organized for quick and accurate coding, HCPCS Level II 2021 Professional Edition codebook includes the most current Healthcare Common Procedure Coding System (HCPCS) codes and regulations, which are essential references needed for accurate medical billing and maximum permissible reimbursement.
This professional edition includes such features as Netter's Anatomy illustrations, dental codes, and Ambulatory Surgical Center (ASC) payment and status indicators.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Full-color Netter's Anatomy illustrations clarify complex anatomic information and how it affects coding.
- At-a-glance code listings and distinctive symbols identify all new, revised, reinstated and deleted codes
- for 2021.
- The American Hospital Association Coding Clinic(R) for HCPCS citations provides sources for information
- about specific codes and their usage.
- Convenient spiral binding provides easy access in practice settings.
- Quantity feature highlights units of service allowable per patient, per day, as listed in the Medically Unlikely
- Edits (MUEs) for enhanced accuracy on claims.
- Drug code annotations identify brand-name drugs as well as drugs that appear on the National Drug Class
- (NDC) directory and other Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approved drugs.
- Color-codedTable of Drugs makes it easier to find specific drug information.
- Durable medical equipment, prosthetics, orthotics, and supplies (DMEPOS) indicators clearly identify supplies to report to durable medical third-party payers.
- Ambulatory Surgery Center (ASC) payment and status indicators show which codes are payable in the Hospital Outpatient Prospective Payment System.
- American Dental Association (ADA) Current Dental Terminology code sets offer access to all dental
- codes in one place.
- Jurisdiction symbols show the appropriate contractor to be billed for suppliers submitting claims to Medicare contractors, Part B carriers and Medicare administrative contractors for DMEPOS services.
- Special coverage information provides alerts when codes have specific coverage instructions, are not valid
- or covered by Medicare or may be paid at the carrier's discretion.
- Age/Sex edits identify codes for use only with patients of a specific age or sex.
About the Author
The American Medical Association has promoted scientific advancement, improved public health and protected the patient-physician relationship since its establishment in 1847. The AMA is the premier national organization dedicated to empowering the nation's physicians to provide safer, higher quality and more efficient care to patients and communities. For more information on the AMA, please visit ama-assn.org. For more than 50 years, the AMA, in drawing upon its deep expertise and resources, has authored and published books, data files and online resources that answer the needs of today's busy physicians and their staff. The AMA product line includes titles on CPT(R), HCPCS and ICD-10 coding, as well as reimbursement, practice management, disability evaluation, impairment, HIPAA and electronic health records. For more information on all AMA products, please visit amastore.com.