This pocket-size version of The Complete Color Harmony features the color explorations, insights, and palettes included in the original version in a handy, take-along size. It’s the one color reference designers need.
Get an introduction to using the color wheel and discover the key aspects of color, such as warm, cool, pale, and bright. Then, delve into moods and color and see how a wide variety of palettes can come across as earthy, powerful, regal, calm, dependable, and more.
In this book you’ll discover:
- Hundreds of organized color palettes that can be used for a variety of art and design projects.
- Why certain colors attract.
- How colors evoke certain moods.
- Advice on choosing the best colors to work with.
- A CMYK process color chart and color swatches to make choosing colors and palettes easy.
About the Author
Tina Sutton is a veteran color, consumer trends, and fashion marketing consultant for product developers, corporations, and advertising agencies. She has researched, written about, and lectured on the psychology of color for numerous publications, arts institutions, and television and radio programs nationwide. Sutton is also a longtime style and features writer for The Boston Globe, and author of The Making of Markova: Diaghilev’s Baby Ballerina to Groundbreaking Icon, a highly regarded biography of legendary dancer Alicia Markova.