WE CAN ORDER THIS FOR YOU (store pickup in 5-14 days)
Discover the serene vistas, diverse wildlife, and unforgettable thrills of this stunning national treasure with Moon Grand Canyon. Inside you'll find:
- Flexible Itineraries: Adventure-packed ideas ranging from one day in the park to a week-long trip, designed for outdoor adventurers, families, history buffs, couples, and more
- The Best Hikes in and Around the Grand Canyon: Detailed descriptions, individual trail maps, mileage and elevation gains, and backpacking options
- Experience the Outdoors: Go backcountry camping in the inner canyon or rafting down the Colorado River. Head to the Havasupai reservation's Havasu Canyon for a waterfall-filled hike, or ride horseback through the South Rim. Mountain bike along the Rainbow Rim or stroll along a 70-foot skywalk stretching into the canyon. Shop and dine in the bustling Grand Canyon Village or discover the canyon's fascinating formation story at the Yavapai Geology Museum
- How to Get There: Up-to-date information on gateway towns, park entrances, park fees, and tours
- Where to Stay: Campgrounds, cabins, resorts, and more both inside and outside the park
- Planning Tips: When to go, what to pack, safety information, and how to avoid the crowds, with full-color photos and detailed maps throughout
- Expertise and Know-How: Explore with Grand Canyon expert Kathleen Bryant
Visiting more of Americas national parks? Try Moon Zion & Bryce. Traveling beyond the park? Try Moon Arizona & the Grand Canyon.
About the Author
Kathleen Bryant was only six months old when her parents bundled her up for her first road trip West, and she's been traveling ever since. Her Grand Canyon adventures include retracing part of Robert Stanton's ill-fated 1889 expedition in Marble Canyon, rafting the Colorado River with a group of plein air painters, and following an archaeologist through remote side canyons to see centuries-old pictographs. She appreciates the way Grand Canyon holds all the Southwest's landscapes: slickrock, forests, mountains, and desert.
An avid hiker and history buff, Kathleen has volunteered for Coconino National Forest, monitoring and stabilizing prehistoric sites and leading hikes in the Sedona area. Her passion for archaeology inspired her to write Kokopelli's Gift, an award-winning children's story. Her travel writing includes Moon Grand Canyon, Moon Four Corners, and the scenic guides Sedona and Red Rock Country and Four Corners: Timeless Lands of the Southwest. In Western National Parks' Lodges Cookbook, she combines her love of travel and history with recipes from landmark park lodges. She has also contributed stories to American Archaeology, American Artist, Arizona Highways, Sunset, The Guardian, and other publications. She currently lives in Northern California.
"Moon (Travel Guides) have become known as well-written and exceptionally informative guides."
—New York Times
"Moon (Travel Guides) are always a pleasure to read. The writing is crisp, the research impressive, and the recommendations practical and down to earth."
"Moon (Travel Guides) are known for cannily combining logistical information with cultural background of a country or state."
—Los Angeles Times