Daily Word Problems is the perfect resource to improve students' problem-solving skills as they participate in meaningful, real-life math practice The word problems are written to support current math standards and expectations and provide consistent spiral review of math concepts.
The 36 weeks of activities provide practice of grade-level math concepts such as addition, multiplication, fractions, logic, algebra, and more.
Each week focuses on a theme and provides a daily word problem within the context of a real-life situation.
- Monday-Thursday's activities provide a one- or two-step word problem.
- Friday's format is more extensive and requires multiple steps. The multi-step problems require students to incorporate higher-order thinking skills by applying their understanding within a different context.
- Reproducible pages provide plenty of room for students to solve using the strategy of their choice.
- Day-by-day skills lists identify the skills practiced in each unit.
Grade 4 math skill practice includes:
- addition and subtraction facts
- factors and multiples
- multidigit addition and subtraction with and without regrouping
- multiplication with and without regrouping
- division with and without remainders
- rounding and estimating
- telling time
- logic problems
- perimeter and area
- liquid volume, mass, measurement
- graphs, charts, and maps
This resource contains teacher support pages, a scope and sequence chart, reproducible student pages, and an answer key. This is a reproducible resource (photocopying of lessons is permitted) for single classroom or individual home use only.
A leader in PreK-8 educational publishing, Evan-Moor has been a trusted partner of teachers and parents for over 40 years. Our mission is helping children learn, and we do this by creating resources that motivate children to learn important skills and concepts across the curriculum while also inspiring a love of learning.