Comprehensive but not complicated Math Fundamentals helps your fifth graders navigate the new math.
Math Models and analysis questions, plenty of skill practice, and real-world problems guide students in thinking through and solving problems.
To help you target instruction, each unit clearly lists the standards information, mathematical practices, and skills covered. Within a unit, math lessons are presented simply.
Every math lesson includes:
- A Math Models reference page that shows students strategies for solving problems. This is helpful for parents and students transitioning to new math.
- Skill practice pages that progress in difficulty.
- A culminating problem-solving task that leads students through the process of solving a real-life problem.
Grade 5 units:
- Use numerical expressions
- Analyze patterns and relationships
- Use place value in decimals and exponents
- Use operations with whole numbers and decimals
- Add and subtract fractions
- Multiply and divide fractions
- Convert measurements within a system
- Represent and interpret data
- Calculate volume
- Use the coordinate plane
- Classify figures
Designed to support new math programs, Math Fundamentals is the perfect easy-to-use supplement to your math curriculum.
This resource contains teacher support pages, reproducible student pages, and an answer key. This is a reproducible resource (photocopying of lessons is permitted) for single classroom or individual home use only.
A leader in PreK-8 educational publishing, Evan-Moor has been a trusted partner of teachers and parents for over 40 years. Our mission is helping children learn, and we do this by creating resources that motivate children to learn important skills and concepts across the curriculum while also inspiring a love of learning.