In the same vein as the first book in the series, True Crime, Volume 2, includes more than two dozen gripping tales of murder, kidnapping, robbery, and much more from the Reader’s Digest archives.
For more than 90 years, Reader’s Digest has been telling the amazing true stories of real-life thrillers, unsolved mysteries, and tales of cold-blooded murder—and of the regular folks caught up in these harrowing situations. Now we’ve pulled together a collection of more than two dozen of these gripping narratives, including:
- The tale of the bank heist pulled off by a gang of old geezers
- The bizarre story of Robert Durst, a real-estate heir accused of three grisly murders
- The case of the 1849 murder at Harvard involving a professor
- The harrowing account of parents who saved their daughter from a serial killer
- The history of the original Ponzi scheme
The stories in True Crime, Volume 2, are for crime aficionados and novices alike, tantalizing enough to hold your attention yet brisk enough to be your best beach or book club read. Enjoy the ride with a carjacker, a wife killer, and modern-day pirates living on borrowed time. (Enjoy even more how they get their just deserts.)
About the Author
Recognized by 99% of American adults, Reader’s Digest puts true stories, trusted advice, and family-friendly humor right at your fingertips.