AVAILABLE TO ORDER (store pickup in 7-14 days)
The Message is a reading Bible translated from the original Greek and Hebrew Scriptures by scholar, pastor, author, and poet Eugene Peterson. Thoroughly reviewed and approved by twenty biblical scholars, The Message combines the authority of God's Word with the cadence and energy of conversational English.
What makes The Message the best reading Bible? Discover for yourself.
- Feel the impact of a Bible translated into conversational English.
- Enjoy the familiar one-column design, like books you're used to.
- Find passages with The Message's unique verse-numbered paragraphs.
- See the big picture with "The Story of the Bible in Five Acts," alongside handcrafted timelines and charts.
- Keep your place with a satin ribbon marker.
About the Author
Eugene H. Peterson is a pastor, scholar, author, and poet. He has written more than thirty books, including Gold Medallion Book Award winner The Message: The Bible in Contemporary Language. Peterson earned his BA in philosophy from Seattle Pacific University, his STB from New York Theological Seminary, and his MA in Semitic languages from Johns Hopkins University. In 1962, Peterson was a founding pastor of Christ Our King Presbyterian Church in Bel Air, Maryland, where he served for many years before retiring in 1991. He is Professor Emeritus of Spiritual Theology at Regent College in Vancouver, British Columbia. He now lives in Montana with his wife, Jan.