Other Books in Series
This is book number 21 in the Agent Pendergast Series series.
- #3: The Cabinet of Curiosities: A Novel (Agent Pendergast Series #3) (Hardcover): $30.00
- #4: Still Life with Crows (Agent Pendergast Series #4) (Hardcover): $30.00
- #5: Brimstone (Agent Pendergast Series #5) (Mass Market): $10.00
- #6: Dance of Death (Agent Pendergast Series #6) (Large Print / Hardcover): $38.00
- #7: The Book of the Dead (Agent Pendergast Series #7) (Mass Market): $10.00
- #8: The Wheel of Darkness (Agent Pendergast Series #8) (Large Print / Hardcover): $37.00
- #9: Cemetery Dance (Agent Pendergast Series #9) (Mass Market): $10.00
- #10: Fever Dream (Agent Pendergast Series #10) (Mass Market): $10.00
- #11: Cold Vengeance (Agent Pendergast Series #11) (Large Print / Hardcover): $36.00
- #12: Two Graves (Agent Pendergast Series #12) (Hardcover): $26.99
- #13: White Fire (Agent Pendergast Series #13) (Large Print / Hardcover): $37.00
- #14: Blue Labyrinth (Agent Pendergast Series #14) (Mass Market): $10.00
- #15: Crimson Shore (Agent Pendergast Series #15) (Hardcover): $27.00
- #16: The Obsidian Chamber (Agent Pendergast series #16) (Mass Market): $9.99
- #17: City of Endless Night (Agent Pendergast series #17) (Large Print / Hardcover): $30.00
- #18: Verses for the Dead (Agent Pendergast Series #18) (Large Print / Hardcover): $32.00
- #19: Crooked River (Agent Pendergast series #19) (Hardcover): $29.00
INSTANT #1 NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER: Agent Pendergast faces his most unexpected challenge yet when bloodless bodies begin to appear in Savannah, GA.
A fabulous heist:
On the evening of November 24, 1971, D. B. Cooper hijacked Flight 305—Portland to Seattle—with a fake bomb, collected a ransom of $200,000, and then parachuted from the rear of the plane, disappearing into the night…and into history.
A brutal crime steeped in legend and malevolence:
Fifty years later, Agent Pendergast takes on a bizarre and gruesome case: in the ghost-haunted city of Savannah, Georgia, bodies are found with no blood left in their veins—sowing panic and reviving whispered tales of the infamous Savannah Vampire.
A case like no other:
As the mystery rises along with the body count, Pendergast and his partner, Agent Coldmoon, race to understand how—or if—these murders are connected to the only unsolved skyjacking in American history. Together, they uncover not just the answer…but an unearthly evil beyond all imagining.
About the Author
The thrillers of Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child "stand head and shoulders above their rivals" (Publishers Weekly). Preston and Child's Relic and The Cabinet of Curiosities were chosen by readers in a National Public Radio poll as being among the one hundred greatest thrillers ever written, and Relic was made into a number‑one box office hit movie. They are coauthors of the famed Pendergast series, and their recent novels include The Scorpion’s Tail, Crooked River, Old Bones, and Verses for the Dead. In addition to his novels, Preston writes about archaeology for The New Yorker and National Geographic magazines. Lincoln Child is a Florida resident and former book editor who has published seven novels of his own, including such bestsellers as Full Wolf Moon and Deep Storm.
Readers can sign up for The Pendergast File, a monthly "strangely entertaining" newsletter from the authors, at their website, PrestonChild.com. The authors welcome visitors to their Facebook page, where they post regularly.
PRAISE FOR BLOODLESS:
"Leave it to the imaginations of Preston and Child... Spooky and surreal [and] wonderful fun."—Kirkus
Praise for CROOKED RIVER
"Exciting. Nail-biting. Quality storytelling."—Publishers Weekly
"Preston and Child know how to craft compelling stories that are both baffling and surprising. The cast of characters feels authentic and moves the story forward in unexpected ways. . . the authors are masters of the procedural with a gothic flair."—Associated Press
"[Pendergast] still remains the most charming, intelligent, cool, and creepy agent ever written. . . Read this. As fast as possible. Preston & Child have once again created the unimaginable and you just can't miss it!"—Suspense Magazine
"Agent Pendergast is back and better than ever."—The Real Book Spy
"The best mystery series going today. Preston and Child display a true masters' touch. This is riveting reading entertainment of the highest order."—Providence Journal
“Non-stop action, and much to amuse, shock and horrify the reader.”—Fresh Fiction
"BLOODLESS is their 20th novel featuring one of the most unique protagonists in all of thriller fiction, Agent Aloysius Pendergast, and may rank as one of the finest books they have ever penned together.... BLOODLESS is a pure pleasure to read and is like candy to thriller fans --- candy from which readers will drain every ounce of flavor in pure delight."—BookReporter
"Preston and Child, expertly straddling the line between reality and the paranormal, have fashioned a neo-gothic masterpiece."—The Providence (RI) Journal
“Bloodless is rife with inventive scenarios, amusing exchanges (especially between oft-impatient Coldmoon and eternally placid Pendergast) and tantalizingly spooky mysteries, topped off with a gloriously wild finale that is as action-packed as it is memorable.”—BookPage