iOS 11, Swift 4, and Xcode 9 provide many new APIs for iOS developers. With this cookbook, you'll learn more than 170 proven solutions for tackling the latest features in iOS 11 and watchOS 4, including new ways to use Swift and Xcode to make your day-to-day app development life easier. This collection of code-rich recipes also gets you up to speed on continuous delivery and continuous integration systems.
Ideal for intermediate and advanced iOS developers looking to work with the newest version of iOS, these recipes include reusable code on GitHub, so you can put them to work in your project right away.
Among the topics covered in this book:
- New features in Swift 4 and Xcode 9
- Tools for continuous delivery and continuous integration
- Snapshot testing and test automation
- Creating document-based applications
- Updated Map view and Core Location features
- iOS 11's Security and Password Autofill
- Data storage with Apple's Core Data
- Creating lively user interfaces with UI Dynamics
- Building iMessage applications and sticker packages
- Integrating Siri into your apps with Siri Kit
- Creating fascinating apps for Apple Watch
About the Author
Vandad Nahavandipoor is an iOS and OS X programmer for an international media group with more than 7000 employees in more than 29 countries. Previously he worked for Lloyds Banking Group in England to deliver their iOS apps to millions of users in the UK. In his previous roles he has also led an international team of more than 30 iOS developers. Projects he's led include the Lloyds, Halifax, Bank of Scotland, NatWest, and the RBS iOS apps.