Other Books in Series
This is book number 8 in the Lighthouse Family series.
- #1: The Storm (Lighthouse Family #1) (Paperback): $5.99
- #2: The Whale (Lighthouse Family #2) (Paperback): $5.99
- #3: The Eagle (Lighthouse Family #3) (Paperback): $5.99
- #4: The Turtle (Lighthouse Family #4) (Paperback): $5.99
- #5: The Octopus (Lighthouse Family #5) (Paperback): $5.99
- #6: The Otter (Lighthouse Family #6) (Paperback): $5.99
- #7: The Sea Lion (Lighthouse Family #7) (Paperback): $5.99
Newbery Medalist Cynthia Rylant brings the peaceful sounds, sights, and characters of the coast vividly to life in the eighth book of the Lighthouse Family series, in which the family meets a bear who has just woken up from hibernation!
After a long winter cooped up in the lighthouse, Whistler and Lila are excited to go outside and explore. In the forest, they see some frosty vapor rising from a hole in the roots of a tree. They investigate and discover that it is a hibernating bear. The mouse children wait patiently for the bear to wake up and when he does, they invite him for breakfast at the lighthouse. But their new friend might not be quite done hibernating…
About the Author
Cynthia Rylant is the author of more than 100 books for young people, including the beloved Henry and Mudge, Annie and Snowball, Brownie & Pearl, Motor Mouse, and Mr. Putter & Tabby series. Her novel Missing May received the Newbery Medal. She lives in Lake Oswego, Oregon.
Preston McDaniels is the illustrator of the Phineas L. MacGuire series and Cynthia Rylant’s Lighthouse Family series. He lives in Aurora, Nebraska, with his wife and two daughters.