Other Books in Series
This is book number 14 in the Reeds Marine Engineering and Technology Series series.
- #8: Reeds Vol 8 General Engineering Knowledge for Marine Engineers (Reeds Marine Engineering and Technology Series #8) (Paperback): For price, please email Orders@booksandbooks.com
- #15: Reeds Vol 12 Motor Engineering Knowledge for Marine Engineers (Reeds Marine Engineering and Technology Series #15) (Paperback): For price, please email Orders@booksandbooks.com
Developed to complement Reeds Vol 12 (Motor Engineering for Marine Engineers), this textbook is key for all marine engineering officer cadets.
Accessibly written and clearly illustrated, General Engineering Knowledge for Marine Engineers takes into account the varying needs of students studying "general" marine engineering, recognizing recent changes to the Merchant Navy syllabus and current pathways to a sea-going engineering career. It includes the latest equipment, practices and trends in marine engineering, as well as incorporating the 2010 Manila Amendments, particularly relating to management. It is an essential buy for any marine engineering student.
This new edition reflects all developments within the discipline and includes updates and additions on, among other things:
· Corrosion, water treatments and tests
· Refrigeration and air conditioning
· Fuels, such as LNG and LPG
· Low sulphur fuels
· Fire and safety
Plus updates to many of the technical engineering drawings.
About the Author
Paul A Russell was Head of School at the National Sea Training Centre at North West Kent College, UK as well as lecturer in Marine Engineering at the University of Greenwich. He is Managing Director of Thamesview Maritime Limited, a marine engineering consultancy specialising in the professional development of marine engineers and has previously worked as the Editor for the journal Marine Propulsion and Auxiliary Machinery. Paul has also completed two terms as office as the Chair of the South East branch of the Institute of Marine Engineering Science and Technology.