WE CAN ORDER THIS FOR YOU (store pickup in 5-14 days)
Turn an ordinary piece of wood into a fire-burned masterpiece!
If you're a crafter or an artist looking for something new and different, try pyrography. With this type of art, you use a heated instrument to burn images and words into wood. By using techniques from drawing, such as shading and stippling, you can also add depth and embellishments to your creations.
It's easy to get started with pyrography--and Creative Woodburning can help you jump into this hot new craft. This book features:
• An introduction to pyrography and the tools you need to get started
• Expert advice on how to choose the right materials and how to create a safe working environment
• 20 projects, including a jewelry box, a cutting board, a wooden egg, a clock, and a gourd birdhouse
• More than 180 patterns--from animal and nature designs to borders and geometric and decorative shapes
• Techniques for shading, adding color, and sealing your projects
The power of your pyrography imagination is just between your fingertips and Creative Woodburning can help you tap into your inspiration. Even if you've never done burning of any kind before, pyrography expert Bee Locke can show you a safe yet fun way to play with fire.
About the Author
Bee Locke is a pyrography artist who combines her love of nature with her love of woodburning to create one-of-a-kind art. She makes art she hopes will be useful, inspiring, and cherished--and her diverse range of abilities comes through in each piece she burns in her home studio. Although she was first introduced to pyrography in 2009, she has steadily strengthened her skills, allowing her to fulfill her lifelong dream of being a full-time artist. Along with creating her own designs, Bee also incorporates her surroundings in the Blue Ridge Mountains into her artwork. She lives in North Carolina with her husband, daughter, and two dogs.