WE CAN ORDER THIS FOR YOU (store pickup in 5-14 days)
Congratulations on your commitment to coach youth baseball. If you’re new to coaching, you’ll find Coaching Youth Baseball invaluable in making your first season a success. If you have previous coaching experience, you’re sure to discover tips and strategies that will help you improve on last year.
Coaching Youth Baseball will help you manage your team with confidence. This age-specific and field-tested coaching guide will prepare you to
- handle your responsibilities and establish proper priorities as a coach;
- communicate with players, officials, other coaches, and parents;
- teach baseball skills and strategies using a combination of more than 30 drills and 40 coaching tips;
- minimize the risk of injury, establish a safe playing environment, and administer basic first aid;
- plan and conduct efficient practices;
- manage your team on game day; and
- keep it all fun.
About the Author
Babe Ruth League, Inc. is one of the premier amateur baseball and softball programs in the world. With a combined size of over a million players, Babe Ruth League divisions include Cal Ripken Baseball (for ages 4-12), Babe Ruth Baseball (ages 13-18), Babe Ruth Softball, Bambino Buddy Ball, and Xtreme Fastpitch. Founded in 1951 with the belief that every child with a desire to play baseball or softball should be afforded that opportunity, Babe Ruth League is dedicated to teaching baseball skills, furthering athletes’ mental and physical development, instilling respect for the rules of the game, and embracing and promoting the basic ideals of sportsmanship and fair play.