The ultimate phrase guide for travel, business, and more!
"I'll have the chicken dish, please." "How do you get to the theater?" "Let's set up a meeting."
Packed with everything you'll need to understand--and be understood by--Brazilian-Portuguese speakers, this pocket guide is the ultimate translator to have on an airplane, in a boardroom, at a restaurant, and anywhere else this beautiful language is spoken. Conveniently organized by subject and situation, this handy guide includes information on:
- How to make introductions, professionally and casually
- Ordering food in restaurants (with phrases for special diets and allergies)
- Asking for and giving directions
- Explaining medical emergencies to doctors
- Crafting status updates and tweets online
- Slang phrases for casual chatting
Complete with Brazilian Portuguese-English and English-Brazilian Portuguese dictionaries for quick reference, The Everything Brazilian Portuguese Phrase Book gives you the right words and phrases--whatever the situation!
About the Author
Fernanda Ferreira, PhD, is a native of Brazil. She has taught Portuguese at the college level for more than ten years and is a tenured professor and Acting Chair of the Foreign Languages Department at Bridgewater State University. Ferreira is also the author of The Everything Learning Brazilian Portuguese Book and The Everything Brazilian Portuguese Practice Book.