The legal forms and state rules every landlord and property manager needs
To keep up with the law and make money as a residential landlord, you need a guide you can trust: Every Landlord's Legal Guide.
From move-in to move-out, here's help with legal, financial, and day-to-day issues. You'll avoid hassles and headaches―not to mention legal fees and lawsuits. Use this top-selling book to:
- screen and choose tenants
- prepare leases and rental agreements
- avoid discrimination, invasion of privacy, personal injury, and other lawsuits
- hire a property manager
- keep up with repairs and maintenance
- make security deposit deductions
- handle broken leases
- learn how to terminate a tenancy for nonpayment of rent or other lease violations
- restrict tenants from renting their place on Airbnb, and
- deal with bed bugs, mold, and lead hazards.
The 16th edition is completely updated to provide your state's current laws on security deposits, rent, entry, termination, late rent notices, and more. It includes advice on responding to COVID-created issues such as eviction bans, late rent, new roommates, and broken leases.
With Downloadable Forms: Includes access to more than 30 essential legal forms on Nolo.com, including a lease and rental agreement, rental application, notice of entry, tenant repair request, security deposit itemization, property manager agreement, and more.