Reiki for Dummies (Paperback)
Ask a Bookseller about this title
The fun and easy way to explore the power of this popular energy-healing technique
Millions of people seek ways to relax, promote healing, or connect with their soul. Reiki (pronounced ray-key) is a simple but profound healing system that was originally developed in Japan. Reiki means spiritual energy or universal life-force energy. The Reiki system is universal because it can be used by people of any background or religion. Reiki For Dummies explains how you can harness this energy for yourself.
Reiki For Dummies is a plain-English Reiki guidebook. Discover what Reiki is, where it came from, and how to:
- Find and get the most from a Reiki treatment
- Use Reiki to boost your physical and emotional health
- Locate a Reiki class and become a Reiki practitioner
Reiki For Dummies is amply illustrated and full of useful information on:
- Reiki symbols (plus nontraditional symbols)
- Reiki hand positions (for giving Reiki to yourself or others)
- Reiki for pets and animals
- Reiki for children and adults
- Reiki and surgery or medicines
- Reiki at birth or end-of-life
- Reiki in the house, in the car, or at work
When you're ready to go further, Reiki For Dummies covers: Western and Japanese Reiki techniques; crystals, long distance Reiki, and setting up a successful Reiki practice.
Reiki For Dummies is for you whether you are just finding out about Reiki or you are a seasoned professional who is looking for a clearly written, up-to-date, inclusive, and comprehensive source of Reiki information.
Nina Paul, PhD (New York, NY), is a Reiki Master who uses Reiki to help herself and others. She has a doctorate in immunology and epidemiology and she believes in a holistic approach to health and wellness . Nina is also the author of the compassionate guide: Living with Hepatitis C For Dummies (0-7645-7620-8).
About the Author
Nina L. Paul, PhD, is a Reiki Master in private practice. She is also the author of Living with Hepatitis C For Dummies.