For years, we've all been keeping track of our activities by using some version of a to-do list. Some people write down all of their tasks on pads of paper and update the list every few days; others use daily planning books; and still others write everything on self-stick notes and paste them to the desktop, wall, and computer monitor.
With ACT , you don't make lists. You schedule a specific task and include the task's date, time, and regarding information, and then you assign the task to a specific person. Then you use ACT to help you to keep track of all your unfinished tasks. With Act 2000 For Windows For Dummies in hand, you'll discover how to put the power of Act to work for you and your business.
This book is filled with information that will help you to use ACT 2000's many timesaving and productivity-improving features so that you can grow your business, expand your career, save time, and make more money. Whether you're an experienced Act user or someone who is new to the software, this information-packed reference tool will guide you through the following topics and more:
- Turning Act into your electronic phone book
- Creating a new database
- Looking at Act fields, commands, shortcuts keys, tool bars
- Understanding various tabs: Notes/History, Activities, Sales/Opportunities, and Group
- Entering information into a database
- Scheduling activities; using calendars
- Writing letters; including printing, faxing, and e-mailing
- Working with reports and layouts
- Managing and protecting your Act database
Act is a very powerful tool, on par with a top-of-the-line database or spreadsheet program. With help from Act 2000 For Windows For Dummies, you'll be able to fine-tune Act features to match your specific needs and use this tool to its fullest potential.
About the Author
Jeffrey J. Mayer is the president of the Chicago-based SucceedingInBusiness.com, the bestselling author of Success is a Journey, and the publisher of a popular ACT! newsletter.