Ask a Bookseller about this title
Wherever adventure takes you, take this book! This illustrated guide for young adventurers includes crucial tips on exactly what you need to know to survive even the most unexpected circumstances—plus reflective stickers, a foldable cup, a reflective sheet, and even a removable string binding to help you survive in the wild!
Survival Handbook: An Essential Companion to the Great Outdoorsshows you how to:
- Pack and dress for survival
- Tie various types of knots
- Build and find shelter in different environments
- Build and put out a fire safely
- Locate and purify water
- Forage for food and avoid poisonous plants
- Avoid deadly animals
- Protect yourself from bad weather
- Treat a range of injuries
- Find your way back home safely
Whether you're lost, hungry, burned, or buried, knowing essential emergency survival skills could literally mean the difference between life and death. Don't go into the wild without this book!
About the Author
Marc Sumerak is an award-nominated author who has spent the last two decades writing books, comics, and video games featuring some of the world’s most popular characters. His work has explored the worlds of Marvel Comics, Harry Potter, Ghostbusters, The Walking Dead, Firefly, and many more. He currently resides in Cleveland, Ohio.