A comprehensive edited volume on important and up-to-date nanolithography techniques and applications. The book includes an introduction on the importance of nanolithography in today's research and technology, providing examples of its applications.
The remainder of the book is split into two sections. The first section contains the most important and established nanolithography techniques. As well as a detailed description of each technique, the reader can obtain useful information about the main advantages and drawbacks of each technique in terms of resolution, throughput, number of steps needed and cost etc. At the end of this section, the reader will be able to decide which technique to use for different applications.
The second section explores more specific applications of the nanolithography techniques previously described as well as new techniques and applications. In some cases, the processes described in these chapters involve a combination of several nanolithography techniques. This section is less general but provides the reader with real examples.
- Ideally suited for Master/ PhD students, who need a basic understanding of nanolithography techniques and how/where they can be applied
- Includes state-of-the-art information with updated references for researchers and engineers needing to expand or update their knowledge on nanofabrication
- All chapters are written by world leading experts in their respective research areas
- Follows a pedagogical approach; each chapter is expected to provide worked examples, case studies and an end-of-chapter summary
- Includes interactive elements, such as video animations