Discover hundreds of the most interesting and memorable art experiences from around the world!
Amazing Art Adventures offers us art and culture as an experience both within and beyond the gallery, opening a door to unexpected adventures
- art fairs, festivals, installations, art trails, galleries, art islands, monuments, sculpture parks and museums.
Aimed at all of us who travel to learn about new places and cultures, the book gathers together hundreds of unforgettable art experiences around the world, acting as an inspirational travel guide for anyone interested in art. From the Lightning Field in New Mexico to an art island in Japan, expert guide Yolanda Zappaterra leads us on a comprehensive, worldwide tour of bucket list destinations for every season.
Divided into sections by continent, the book is a thrilling cultural journey, an insider’s guide to the visual arts that suggests different ways to experience art beyond the usual galleries and institutions, leads readers to art in unusual places, creates trails that will give insights into the lives of famous artists as well as putting the spotlight on more interesting and unknown works in well known museums.
Through more than 400 entries, plus photographs and maps, the book expands our understanding and appreciation of the world’s art in exciting new ways.
- Uncover a Chagall masterpiece in a tiny Kentish church
- Follow a land art map of North America from the Spiral Jetty and Lightning Fields to Seven Magic Mountains and the Star Axis
- Trip the light fantastic at the Atelier des Lumières in Paris
- Delight in the sinuous curves of Oscar Niemeyer’s MAC in Rio de Janeiro
- Lay your head in a very arty bed at the aha Shakaland Hotel & Zulu Cultural Village
- Be dazzled by recycled ceramics at the Rock Garden of Chandigarh in northern India
- Exercise body and mind with a walk along London’s Art Line
- Be blown away by Tacoma’s Museum of Glass
- Trek into the Brazilian rainforest for art in the jungle at the Inhotim Art Museum
- Sample big cheeses in Switzerland at Art Basel
- Cross the Seto Inland Sea to land at the art island of Naoshima in Japan
- Walk among the gods and monsters of Niki de Saint Phalle’s Tuscan Tarot Garden
- Commune with a unicorn at the Met Cloisters in New York
- See the seeds of Africa’s future art scene in a former grain silo at the Zeitz Museum of Contemporary African Art in Cape Town
- Enter a field of light in Uluru, Australia
About the Author
Yolanda Zappaterra is a London-based author, editor and researcher who has credits on more than 30 art, design and travel titles. She has been writing about architecture, art and travel for 20 years, and contributes regularly to leisure and lifestyle magazines and specialist art and design magazines, including Time Out, Blueprint, etapes and Design Week.
"A photo-rich guide to major and lesser-known art museums, sculpture parks, installations, monuments, art trails, neighborhoods, fairs and festivals around the world – because there are so many ways to experience art and immerse oneself in creative cultures beyond the major, most renowned museums."—Artists Magazine