Other Books in Series
- #31: The I Ching or Book of Changes (Bollingen #31) (Hardcover): $27.95
- #54: C.G. Jung: Psychological Reflections. a New Anthology of His Writings, 1905-1961 (Bollingen #54) (Paperback): $46.25
- #72: C.G. Jung Letters, Volume 2: 1951-1961 (Bollingen #72) (Hardcover): $178.10
- #104: C.G. Jung Speaking: Interviews and Encounters (Bollingen #104) (Paperback): $60.00
- #119: Psyche and Symbol: A Selection from the Writings of C.G. Jung (Bollingen #119) (Paperback): $37.00
- #121: The Basic Writings of C.G. Jung: Revised Edition (Bollingen #121) (Paperback): $34.00
- #127: C.G. Jung Letters, Volume 1 (Bollingen #127) (Hardcover): $178.10
- #184: Selected Letters of C.G. Jung, 1909-1961 (Bollingen #184) (Hardcover): $121.25
- #725: Psychology and Education (Bollingen #725) (Hardcover): $108.75
Dream analysis is a distinctive and foundational part of analytical psychology, the school of psychology founded by C. G. Jung and his successors. This volume collects Jung's most insightful contributions to the study of dreams and their meaning. The essays in this volume, written by Jung between 1909 and 1945, reveal Jung's most essential views about dreaming--especially regarding the relationship between language and dream. Through these studies, Jung grew to understand that dreams are themselves a language, a language through which the soul communicates with the body. The essays included are "The Analysis of Dreams," "On the Significance of Number Dreams," "General Aspects of Dream Psychology," "On the Nature of Dreams," "The Practical Use of Dream Analysis," and "Individual Dream Symbolism in Relation to Alchemy" (complete with illustrations).New to this edition is a foreword by Sonu Shamdasani, Philemon Professor of Jung History at University College London.
About the Author
Sonu Shamdasani is editor of The Red Book and Philemon Professor of Jung History at University College London.