Other Books in Series
This is book number 4 in the Lighthouse Family series.
- #1: The Storm (Lighthouse Family #1) (Paperback): $5.99
- #2: The Whale (Lighthouse Family #2) (Paperback): $5.99
- #3: The Eagle (Lighthouse Family #3) (Paperback): $5.99
- #5: The Octopus (Lighthouse Family #5) (Paperback): $5.99
- #6: The Otter (Lighthouse Family #6) (Paperback): $5.99
- #7: The Sea Lion (Lighthouse Family #7) (Paperback): $5.99
- #8: The Bear (Lighthouse Family #8) (Paperback): $5.99
Newbery Medalist Cynthia Rylant brings the peaceful sounds, sights, and characters of the coast vividly to life in the fourth book of the Lighthouse Family series, in which the family rescues a trapped turtle.
A thick fog has found its way up north to the lighthouse family, surrounding the cliffs and waters below. Always ready to lend a hand, the lighthouse siblings Whistler and Lila help Seabold guide small ships to land. As they overlook the foggy waters, they hear a distant voice echoing from the rocks below. Who could it be?
Using only a rope and their hearts to guide them, Seabold, Lila, and Whistler make their way down the side of the cliff. And what they discover will help them weather even the thickest fog—a new friend.
About the Author
Cynthia Rylant is the author of more than 100 books for young people, including the beloved Henry and Mudge, Annie and Snowball, Brownie & Pearl, Motor Mouse, and Mr. Putter & Tabby series. Her novel Missing May received the Newbery Medal. She lives in Lake Oswego, Oregon.
Preston McDaniels is the illustrator of the Phineas L. MacGuire series and Cynthia Rylant’s Lighthouse Family series. He lives in Aurora, Nebraska, with his wife and two daughters.