Other Books in Series
This is book number 3 in the Lighthouse Family series.
- #1: The Storm (Lighthouse Family #1) (Paperback): $5.99
- #2: The Whale (Lighthouse Family #2) (Paperback): $5.99
- #4: The Turtle (Lighthouse Family #4) (Paperback): $5.99
- #5: The Octopus (Lighthouse Family #5) (Paperback): $5.99
- #6: The Otter (Lighthouse Family #6) (Paperback): $5.99
- #7: The Sea Lion (Lighthouse Family #7) (Paperback): $5.99
- #8: The Bear (Lighthouse Family #8) (Paperback): $5.99
Newbery Medalist Cynthia Rylant brings the peaceful sounds, sights, and characters of the coast vividly to life in the third book of the Lighthouse Family series, in which the family discovers the beauty of the forest.
In a lighthouse by the ocean, Seabold, a dog, and Pandora, a cat, live with their three little mice children, Whistler, Lila, and Tiny. One day, Lila and Whistler decide they want to investigate the mysterious forest that stands near their home. What adventures could be waiting between those trees? Brother and sister ask permission to go exploring and discover not only adventure and enchantment but also a new friend!
About the Author
Cynthia Rylant is the author of more than 100 books for young people, including the beloved Henry and Mudge, Annie and Snowball, Brownie & Pearl, Motor Mouse, and Mr. Putter & Tabby series. Her novel Missing May received the Newbery Medal. She lives in Lake Oswego, Oregon.
Preston McDaniels is the illustrator of the Phineas L. MacGuire series and Cynthia Rylant’s Lighthouse Family series. He lives in Aurora, Nebraska, with his wife and two daughters.