That TI-Nspire handheld is unlike any math tool you've ever seen Much more than a calculator, it's a learning aid for mathematics from pre-algebra to calculus. TI-Nspire For Dummies walks you through every amazing feature, showing you how to use this remarkable learning technology.
In plain English, you'll learn everything from how to load the batteries and create a document to how to perform geometric calculations and construct statistical graphs. You'll be able to:
- Set up your TI-Nspire, get familiar with the keypad, use the d, e, /, x, c, and b function keys, and configure system settings
- View graphical, algebraic, numeric, geometric, and written formats
- Grasp mathematical concepts more easily through multiple and linking representations
- Recognize how different concepts are linked by watching how a change in one representation appears in others
- Work with the calculator menu, tools, forms, and variables
- Create documents, add problems, configure page layout, and save your work for assignments or class notes
- Use the graphing functions in the analytic view and work with geometric objects in the plane geometry view
- Create and manage lists and spreadsheets and use this application with others for statistical calculations
- Install the corresponding software on your computer and connect the handheld device to your PC
Written by a math teacher, TI-Nspire For Dummies helps students and educators alike take full advantage of this outstanding tool for teaching and learning math.
About the Author
Steve Ouellette is Chair of the Mathematics Department at Westwood High School in Massachusetts. He has been an activity writer for "We All Use Math Every Day," a program that offered math teachers and students classroom projects related to the story line in each episode of the CBS hit series NUMB3RS.