Other Books in Series
This is book number 12 in the Sebastian St. Cyr Mystery series.
- #1: What Angels Fear: A Sebastian St. Cyr Mystery (Mass Market): $8.99
- #2: When Gods Die: A Sebastian St. Cyr Mystery (Mass Market): $7.99
- #3: Why Mermaids Sing: A Sebastian St. Cyr Mystery (Mass Market): $7.99
- #4: Where Serpents Sleep: A Sebastian St. Cyr Mystery (Mass Market): $8.99
- #5: What Remains of Heaven: A Sebastian St. Cyr Mystery (Paperback): $15.00
- #6: Where Shadows Dance (Sebastian St. Cyr Mystery #6) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #7: When Maidens Mourn: A Sebastian St. Cyr Mystery (Mass Market): $7.99
- #8: What Darkness Brings (Sebastian St. Cyr Mystery #8) (Mass Market): $8.99
- #9: Why Kings Confess (Sebastian St. Cyr Mystery #9) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #10: Who Buries the Dead (Sebastian St. Cyr Mystery #10) (Hardcover): $24.95
- #11: When Falcons Fall (Hardcover): $26.00
- #13: Why Kill the Innocent (Sebastian St. Cyr Mystery #13) (Hardcover): $26.00
- #14: Who Slays the Wicked (Sebastian St. Cyr Mystery #14) (Paperback): $16.00
- #15: Who Speaks for the Damned (Sebastian St. Cyr Mystery #15) (Hardcover): $26.00
- #16: What the Devil Knows (Sebastian St. Cyr Mystery #16) (Hardcover): $26.00
- #17: When Blood Lies (Sebastian St. Cyr Mystery #17) (Hardcover): $26.00
“The entire series is simply elegant.”—Lisa Gardner, #1 New York Times bestselling author
In this historical mystery from the national bestselling author of Who Slays the Wicked, the abduction and murder of a young boy takes Sebastian St. Cyr from the gritty streets of London to the glittering pleasure haunts of the aristocracy...
London, 1813. One of the city's many homeless children, Benji Thatcher was abducted and murdered—and his younger sister is still missing. Few in authority care about a street urchin's fate, but Sebastian St. Cyr, Viscount Devlin, refuses to let this killer go unpunished.
Uncovering a disturbing pattern of missing children, Sebastian is drawn into a shadowy, sadistic world. As he follows a grim trail that leads from the writings of the debauched Marquis de Sade to the city's most notorious brothels, he comes to a horrifying realization: Someone from society's upper echelon is preying upon the city's most vulnerable. And though dark, powerful forces are moving against him, Sebastian will risk his reputation and his life to keep more innocents from harm...
About the Author
C. S. Harris is the national bestselling author of more than twenty novels, including the Sebastian St. Cyr Mysteries, featuring When Falcons Fall, Who Buries the Dead, Why Kings Confess, and What Darkness Brings; as C. S. Graham, a thriller series coauthored by former intelligence officer Steven Harris; and seven award-winning historical romances written under the name Candice Proctor.
Praise for Where the Dead Lie
“C.S. Harris really is a master of storytelling. Each book in the Sebastian St. Cyr series is a tense, tightly plotted and atmospherically executed read. Full of period correct detail and fascinating, complex characters, there is never a dull moment or wasted word...This is definitely one of my best reads of the year.”—Open Book Society
“Fantastic...Her attention to detail richly evokes the feel of the time period but is never overdone. Harris' characters are lushly drawn in all their glorious complexity...a satisfying historical mystery that is engrossing 'til the last page is turned.”—Fresh Fiction
“A winner!...Atmospheric and immediately engaging...A wonderful read capable of being enjoyed as a stand-alone.”—Historical Novel Society
“Exceeds even the previous novels in psychological depth...relentless pacing...a gripping read.”—Booklist
“Moving depictions of life on London's mean streets are the best parts of Harris's 12th Regency-era mystery featuring dashing Sebastian St. Cyr, Viscount Devlin...Harris is better than most in investing even minor characters with sometimes heartbreaking humanity.”—Publishers Weekly
“This latest installment in Harris's well-researched historical series features a charismatic lead who's unafraid of exposing the inner workings of a controlling authority when it turns against its own people.”—Library Journal
Praise for the Sebastian St. Cyr Mystery Series
“This riveting historical tale of tragedy and triumph, with its sly nods to Jane Austen and her characters, will enthrall you.”—Sabrina Jeffries, New York Times bestselling author
“Sebastian St. Cyr is everything you could want in a Regency-era nobleman-turned–death investigator: uncannily clever, unwaveringly reserved, and irresistibly sexy. The entire series is simply elegant.”—Lisa Gardner, #1 New York Times bestselling author
“Thoroughly enjoyable . . . Moody and atmospheric, exposing the dark underside of Regency London.”—Deanna Raybourn, New York Times bestselling author