The ultimate alphabetically arranged thesaurus that will help you find the right word every time—now bigger and better than ever before!
This all-new edition of the classic reference work is the one thesaurus no home or office should be without. As easy to use as a dictionary—and just as important for you to own—this is a unique and indispensable treasury of words that will enable you to express your ideas clearly and effectively. With the synonyms and antonyms for each word listed alphabetically for quick, convenient use, this superior reference volume will help you build your vocabulary, improve your writing skills, and enrich your powers of expression.
• Simple to use—no index required
• More than 5,000 new words and phrases
• 2,000 new synonym entry words for more efficient cross-referencing
• 30 new categories
• Easy-to-read double-column format
• Latest colloquial and slang terms
• Quotations and phrases that reveal the fascinating history of each word and the ideas it represents
About the Author
Philip D. Morehead is the editor of The New American Webster Handy College Dictionary and The New American Rogets College Thesaurus and the author of the New American Crossword Puzzle Dictionary and The New American International Dictionary of Music. He is the son of late lexicographer and games expert Albert H. Morehead, the original co-editor of this book, who was the Bridge Editor of the New York Times for over 25 years and the editor of many books on games.