This book cannot be returned. PRINT-ON-DEMAND; printing may add 2-4 business days.
Told from the perspective of a Hollywood executive with nearly 20 years' experience professionally pitching and distributing film/TV projects, Mastering the Pitch reveals all the nuanced details of the pitching process.
Readers will gain valuable insights into how the Hollywood system operates, improve their professional pitching skills and gain a competitive edge in getting their ideas from concept to greenlight. This book covers:
- how projects are packaged and developed before a pitch
- how a pitch presentation happens in a real-world setting
- the core concepts required to pitch each genre type
- how professional companies actually acquire a pitched project
- the legal workflows and financial details required to put a deal together
- examples of pitch documents, presentation materials and how these elements should be designed
- how to build your personal brand so that you're seen by Hollywood decision makers as someone capable of delivering great projects; and
- how you should speak to professionals about the business viability of your projects
Mastering the Pitch is a valuable crossover text, designed to help both students and veteran film/TV producers alike hone their pitching and presentation skills.
About the Author
Scott Kirkpatrick is a Los Angeles-based media executive who's brokered distribution and co-production deals for a wide range of feature film and scripted TV content. He is currently Executive Vice President of Co-Productions and Distribution for Nicely Entertainment and has previously held roles with NENT Studios UK and Mar Vista Entertainment. Kirkpatrick is the author of Writing for the Green Light and Introduction to Media Distribution and has produced and directed a variety of film and TV content.