Life Lessons from Daniel and Esther: Faith Under Pressure (Paperback)
Staying faithful when the pressure was most intense. That's what these two did.
The Jewish people had reason to be depressed. Their nation had been conquered. Their hometown was in ruins. They were living in captivity. Yet from the ashes, God raised up two key figures to preserve the Jewish race.
Daniel was among the first of the captives carried away by the Babylonians. Although he lived in a culture opposed to God, he was always faithful to the Lord - even in the face of death - and ultimately was able to influence kings and rulers. Esther was in exile during the time of the Persian Empire. Like Daniel, the Lord also placed her in a position to influence those in power. God also called her to step out in faith and risk her life to foil a plot against her people. As a result of her bold actions, the entire Jewish race was saved from annihilation.
As you read, study, journal, and discuss the books of Daniel and Esther, watch for these key themes that Max will unpack throughout the book:
- God leads in our lives even in difficult circumstances.
- Sometimes faithfulness is rewarded by miracles.
- God will be faithful to his people in the future as he has in the past.
The Life Lessons with Max Lucado series brings the Bible to life in twelve lessons filled with intriguing questions, inspirational stories, and poignant reflections to take you deeper into God's Word. Each lesson includes:
- An opening reflection on the Bible book you're studying.
- Background information to deepen your understanding of the cultural and historical setting.
- An excerpt of the text (from the NIV and the NKJV).
- Exploration questions with plenty of room to write your own thoughts and notes.
- Inspirational thoughts from Max as well as a closing takeaway for further reflection.
The Life Lessons series is ideal for use in both a small-group setting or for individual study.
About the Author
Since entering the ministry in 1978, Max Lucado has served churches in Miami, Florida; Rio de Janeiro, Brazil; and San Antonio, Texas. He currently serves as teaching minister of Oak Hills Church in San Antonio. He is America's bestselling inspirational author with more than 130 million books in print. Follow his website at MaxLucado.com Facebook.com/MaxLucado Instagram.com/MaxLucado Twitter.com/MaxLucado