On Our Shelves Recently
Your once-in-a-lifetime trip to sun-soaked Portugal starts here
Whether you are looking for world -- renowned beaches, serene hilltop villages, verdant islands or captivating cities -- Portugal has it all This DK Eyewitness travel guide will take you through everything you need to see and do in this gorgeous country. Inside the pages of this Portugal travel guide, you'll discover: - Our pick of Portugal's must-sees, top experiences and hidden gems.
- The best spots to eat, drink, shop and stay.
- Detailed maps and walks make navigating the region easy.
- Easy-to-follow itineraries.
- Expert advice: Get ready, get around and stay safe.
- Color-coded chapters to every part of Portugal, from Lisbon to Porto and the Algarve to the Azores, Minho and Madeira
- Our new lightweight format makes it easy for you to take it with you wherever you go. This small but immensely varied country has something for everyone. If you crave adventure, travel through the soaring mountains and volcanic craters of the Azores to the subtropical paradise of Madeira to get your fix. If that is not quite your thing, urban Portugal is just as unmissable. Explore the cutting-edge galleries, cool hangouts and restaurants of Lisbon and Porto -- two of Europe's trendiest cities. This updated travel guide is your ideal companion when planning a trip to Portugal. It's packed with expert-led insights and advice, detailed breakdowns of all the hidden gems, along with stunning photography and hand-drawn illustrations. DK Eyewitness Portugal helps you plan and travel hassle-free. It has been updated regularly to ensure the information is as up-to-date as possible following the COVID-19 outbreak. For more than two decades, DK Eyewitness guides have helped travelers experience the world through the history, art, architecture, and culture of their destinations. Expert travel writers and researchers provide independent advice, recommendations and reviews. Discover guidebooks to hundreds of places around the globe.
About the Author
DK was founded in London in 1974 and is now the world leading illustrated reference publisher and a member of the Penguin Random House division of Bertelsmann. DK publishes highly visual, photographic non-fiction for adults and children. DK produces content for consumers in over 100 countries and over 60 languages, with offices in the UK, India, US, Germany, China, Canada, Spain and Australia. DK's aim is to inspire, educate and entertain readers of all ages, and everything DK publishes, whether print or digital, embodies the unique DK design approach. DK brings unrivalled clarity to a wide range of topics, with a unique combination of words and pictures, put together to spectacular effect. We have a reputation for innovation in design for both print and digital products. Our adult range spans travel, including the award-winning DK Eyewitness Travel Guides, history, science, nature, sport, gardening, cookery and parenting. DK's extensive children's list showcases a fantastic store of information for children, toddlers and babies. DK covers everything from animals and the human body, to homework help and craft activities, together with an impressive list of licensing titles, including the best-selling LEGO(R) books. DK acts as the parent company for Alpha Books, publisher of the Idiot's Guides series. https: //www.dk.com/